Vacate Cleaning Guide
When you vacate your rental property, it’s important to us that you to get all of your bond back!
The following information has been prepared to assist you when vacating the property. Should you require the services of a cleaner, carpet cleaner, or gardener please call us for details. At the final inspection we will check the following:
- Stove, griller, drip trays and range hood to be cleaned and grease free
- Exhaust fans to be removed and cleaned/air vents to be dusted/cleaned
- Windows, tracks and window sills to be cleaned inside and out
- All cupboards and drawers to be cleaned inside and out
- All marks to be removed from walls, skirting boards and picture rails to be dusted, wipe marks from cleaning products to be rinsed off
- All light fittings to be cleaned and all light bulbs are to be in working order
- Carpets to be professionally cleaned. A receipt to be provided to the office on vacating
- Drapes/curtains/blinds/venetians to be cleaned according to cleaning instructions
- Cobwebs inside and outside to be removed
- Lawns to be mowed, edges to be trimmed
- Flower beds, gardens and pebble areas to be weeded
- No rubbish to be left in garden or garage
- Pay particular attention to bathrooms and toilets, the shower recesses are to be scrubbed and free of soap scum and residue and mildew, shower curtain to be replaced (if applicable)
- Driveways, carports and all concrete areas to be left free from oil and grease stains
- Place household rubbish in bins ready for Council collection
- All inventory items to be accounted for
- The premises are to be professionally treated for pests and a receipt to be provided to the office (including a flea treatment if a pet has lived at the property)
- Any damage to the property must be repaired to a professional standard prior to the final inspection. If repairs are not done to our satisfaction, we will engage our own tradesperson to rectify the job at your expense.
- If applicable, a final water meter reading will be taken at the Exit inspection and your final water usage will be calculated. This invoice must be paid before your bond is released.
Handing back your keys
On the day you hand back the keys you will need to:
- – Give us a receipt showing the carpets have been professionally steam cleaned
- – Give us a receipt showing the property has had a professional pest treatment
- – Advise us of your new forwarding address and phone number
- – Have all rent and invoices paid up to date
- – Return all keys and remotes
- Note: Remember to redirect all mail to your new address!